Adobe Creative "Cloud"
Many of you rely on Adobe products such as Photoshop and Illustrator for your business, and we wanted to let you know of some new changes to Adobe’s products and pricing to help you plan for your future needs.
In June, Adobe will release a new version of its signature Creative Suite software, now called “Adobe Creative Cloud.” The new version offers new features and options for online, cloud-based storage and collaboration, but will be offered on a subscription basis only going forward.
What You Need to Know
- Starting in June, Adobe will switch to a SUBSCRIPTION model for all products.
- New, stand-alone copies of products such as Photoshop and Illustrator will no longer be developed.
- CS6 (the current version) will still be available (for now), and will continue to receive security patches and bug fixes, but Adobe will no longer release feature updates for its earlier products.
- Creative Cloud will allow users to access all of Adobe’s products for a monthly subscription price.
- Unlike many other cloud applications, Adobe’s new software will still be installed run from your local computer and you do not need to be connected to the internet in order to use the applications.
- Online collaboration and sharing options through the cloud
- Flexible subscription-based pricing
- Access to full suite of Adobe Products
- Immediate access to updates and features
Learn more about Adobe’s Creative Cloud software.